Destruction Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Obelisk the tormenter vs. Slifer the sky dragon

2 posters

Go down

Obelisk the tormenter vs. Slifer the sky dragon Empty Obelisk the tormenter vs. Slifer the sky dragon

Post by (Destruction) Demon Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:48 pm

I was asked this a few days ago when I was dueling at my mall: Who is better, Obelisk the tormenter or Slifer the sky dragon?

I had to think about that for a few minutes and then I said to him, Obelisk is better. The reason I chose Obelisk over Slifer is not because Slifer sucks but because of Obelisk's effects:

1.) This card cannot be targeted by Spell, Trap, or card effects which means d-prison, book of moon, compulsory evacuation device, lance, etc. But it still can be destroy by torrential tribute, mirror force, cards that send other cards to the grave, etc.

2.) You can Tribute 2 monsters; destroy all monsters your opponent controls. But unfortunately this effect has it's downside: This card cannot declare an attack the turn this effect is activated.

But let's not forget Slifer. He gains attack equal to your hand, which means if you have six cards in your hand and then summon Slifer, he will have 5000 attack. And let's not forget about his other special effect: When a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Attack Position: That monster(s) loses 2000 ATK, then if its ATK has been reduced to 0 as a result, destroy it.

Just imagine what your opponent would think if you got both Slifer and Obelisk out. So there you have it, now you know what god card is my favorite out of the three, but do not get me started on the winged dragon of ra.
(Destruction) Demon
(Destruction) Demon

Back to top Go down

Obelisk the tormenter vs. Slifer the sky dragon Empty Re: Obelisk the tormenter vs. Slifer the sky dragon

Post by Malice Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:55 pm

Nice analysis man. I totally agree, Obelisk is just a beast. With him all you need are cards to stop mass destruction and there is pretty much nothing your opponent can do.
Malice
Malice

Back to top Go down